The good, the bad, the weird and the reasons I go to therapy. 2015’s been an eventful year for new music.
This year has seen a really eclectic variety (and quality) of music come by us. We’ve seen some albums drop which were so good we were left speechless, and singles come out that really should have spent longer in the creative womb.
With that in mind, it wouldn’t be right for us to leave 2015 behind us without a final praising and finger pointing at the tracks which were either immeasurably brilliant or just plain strange.
The top five EPs of 2015:
4. Nicky Venus – Little Runner
The top five albums of 2015:
3. Krychek – Krychek (we haven’t published this yet, but it’s too good a release to omit from this list)
5. Drakelow – Beauty In Disorder
2015’s weirdest track: Absolutely anything by Orlando Deer.
The top ten releases of 2015:
1. Pikachunes – Perfume (as we’re unable to add this to the Soundcloud playlist, you can stream it and the full album on Noisey)
3. Krychek – Cosmic
4. Orlando Seale & The Swell – Wrestling
8. Drakelow – Turning To Stone